When we reflect on the many ways we can give to our church, we often think of the financial gifts we place in the offering plate. In fact, there are many ways we can financially support the mission of Epworth United Methodist Church. Leaving a bequest in your will, naming the church as a beneficiary in your retirement plan or transferring stocks and bonds to the church are just some of the additional ways you can provide financial support to Epworth. Some of the new giving options that have become popular in recent years even give you with the opportunity to leave a gift to the church upon your death, but still receive income from the gift during your lifetime.
Below is a brief summary of the many options available for financially supporting your church’s mission. When implementing the giving option you feel is best, you can choose to work with your own legal and financial advisors or you can contact the Mid-Atlantic United Methodist Foundation at (484) 762-8211 or www.maumflegacy.org. The Mid-Atlantic United Methodist Foundation is an extension of our own United Methodist Conference and works solely with United Methodist congregations to assist with stewardship and financial gifts. The Foundation deals with tax, legal and financial issues related to these types of gifts on a daily basis and can provide much more detailed advice than the church itself. When working with the Foundation, be assured that 100% of your gift is directed to Epworth United Methodist Church.
We hope that this content will provide you with some options for thoughtful consideration and, more importantly, that you will find the choice that speaks to your faith and your personal relationship with God. Should you have any questions, or if you would like to confidentially discuss your personal giving plans, please feel free to reach out to the pastoral staff at Epworth United Methodist Church. We thank you for your past gifts and sincerely value your future support of Epworth.
Download a PDF breaking down all of the following ways to give:
Stocks & Bonds
Retirement Assets & Other Investment Accounts
• We provide offering boxes at the back of the Sanctuary during every service, for those who wish to give with cash or checks.
• We offer online giving and payments for certain events, where you can give and pay using a credit card or debiting your checking or savings account.
The General Board of Global Ministries is the global mission agency of The United Methodist Church, its annual conferences, missionary conferences, and local congregations. They offer a convenient way to donate to projects and missions supported by the UMC, and also offer a way to find a mission through The Advance project search. Go to here to find the right fund for you.
• We offer a way for merchants to give to Epworth through purchases you make on their websites. Go to umcmarket.org to setup an account, and search for "Epworth, Cockeysville" so you can designate our church as the recipient. See the video below for more.
• Our onsite thrift shop, The Thrifty Penny, offers a wide variety of clothing and household items at a low cost, and all proceeds go to various ministries throughout the church.
• We offer many other fundraising opportunities throughout the year (yardsale, pancake breakfasts and suppers, etc.) that serve a variety of ministries.